Don’t really want to watch most of the E3 conferences, but want to know what was announced? You’re in luck!
I’m back again with an E3 Recap. For those who just want to watch the full conference, I’ll link each conference in their own section apart from some conferences that I probably won’t do justice to. Besides, it’s probably better to listen to those yourself anyway. Google’s conference went into more detail about their upcoming gaming service, Stadia. EA went away from having a conference and went for a three hour livestream where they talked about only a couple of games. They dived into what updates Apex Legends (x), Battlefield 5 (x x), FIFA 20 (x), Madden 20 (x), and Sims 4 (x) will get in the future and we got a deep dive into Star Wars Jedi: The Fallen Order (x) as well as some gameplay. While AMD’s revealed some details about their upcoming products.
If you’d rather watch it on Twitch, I’ll link to Twitch’s twitch channel, which has a collection for easy viewing.
While we got more trailers for upcoming games, Microsoft also announced some news that I will get into first.
First, we’ll start with their Game Pass. Batman Arkham Knight, Metro Exodus, Hollow Knight, and Borderlands Handsome Collections were just added to Game Pass. XBox Game Pass for PC is also now available in open beta, bringing in Halo Master Chief collection, and will have over 100 titles by August. XBox Game Pass Ultimate will set one price that will include XBox Game Pass, XBox Live Gold, and PC Game Pass for $10 a month. However, if you get it now it will be $1 for the first month.
Project XCloud was talked about and it will be console streaming where you can play wherever you go, but it was heavily focused on the Xbox Project Scarlet console. Dangerhighdoltage was watching this closely as he is following the new trend of cloud gaming, but was surprised how little was talked about with XCloud specifically. Supposedly, XCloud will essentially make your XBox into a personal, free, XCloud server and will be available to preview in October.
A new controller, XBox Elite Controller Series 2, is up for pre-order for ~$180.
Double Fine joins Microsoft.
Now to the Game Announcements:
(I’ll put GP next to the titles that will be available on XBox Game Pass)
- Outer Worlds got a new trailer and a release date of October 25th, 2019
- Ninja Theory announced their new game they’ve been working on for years called Bleeding Edge. This will be a 4 vs 4 melee based multiplayer game that will feature a bunch of characters. The technical alpha will start June 22nd.
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps was shown and will release next year of February 11th. (GP)
- Minecraft Dungeons was announced as Mojang’s new game that is a Diablo-like
(DiabloCraft)4 player multiplayer game. You’ll be able to play this online and locally sometime in Spring 2020.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order showed off a trailer including some gameplay and is said to be released this year on November 15th.
- Blair Witch was announced (GP)
- Cyberpunk 2077 was shown off again and we got some more sneak peaks, some story information from Keanu Reeves, and will release next year on April 16th.
- Spiritfarer (GP)
- Battletoads (GP)
- Legend of Wright was announced and will be released sometime next year
- Microsoft Flight Simulator (GP)
- Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition beta sign ups are open(GP)
- Wasteland 3 (GP)
- Psychonauts 2 (GP)
- Lego Star Wars Skywalker Saga was announced and will include all nine films. It will release sometime next year (GP)
- Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot will release sometime next year
- 12 Minutes, an interactive thriller where you’re in a time loop, was announced
- Way to the Woods was announced and will release next year so you can finally play as a deer mom (GP)
- Gears 5 Bound by Blood will release on September 10th, but you can play four days early if you have XBox Game Pass Ultimate or pre-order the Ultimate Edition (which will also give buyers a Terminator character pack). A new 3 player co-op mode called Escape was also revealed.
- Dying Light 2 will release next year
- Forza Horizon 4: Lego Speed Champions is going to release on June 13th and will include Lego levels and cars.
- Gears Pop was showcased and you can pre-register now on iOS and Android.
- State of Decay 2: Heartland is available now and will include a new story with two different paths for you to take (GP)
- Phantasy Star Online 2 is finally getting a western release and will be free to play in Spring 2020
- Crossfire X, which is basically Korean Counter Strike, will be coming to XBox only sometime next year
- Tales of Arise will also release next year
- Borderlands 3 will release this year on September 13th
- George R.R. Martin and FromSoftware partnered up to bring us Elden Ring
- Dead Static Drive
- Pathologic 2
- Star Renegades
- Way to the Woods
- The Good Life
- Creature in the Well
- Killer Queen Black
- Lord of the Rings: Living Card Game
- Blazing Chrome
- Secret Neighbor
- Supermarket Shriek
- Blair Witch
- Unto the End
- Night Call
- Felix the Reaper
- Totem Teller
Orion was introduced here and was said to improve player experiences, work on any engine, and any streaming platform (i.e. Stadia, XCloud). Orion is said to stream games 20% faster on 40% less bandwidth even on max settings. You can get a chance at being part of the test group by registering at slayersclub.com.
Starfield and Elder Scrolls 6 were only briefly mentioned to ensure gamers that they’re still working on both.
Some new content is coming to Fallout 76. Wastelanders will be free DLC that is going to include human NPCs with the classic dialogue system, a new main quest, and new armor and weapons. Wastelanders will be available Fall 2019. A 52 player Battle Royale mode where you fight to become Vault 51 Overseer called Nuclear Winter was also announced and will be free.
You can try out Fallout 76 between June 10-17 and a sneak peak of Nuclear Winter started June 10th.
Elder Scroll Blades is also getting a ton of new content added. Solo arena battles, new jobs, custom jewelry system, and a new dragon questline is available now. This fall, an arena mode featuring PvP, let you have your own guilds, and visit your friend’s towns. Blades is also going to release on the Switch and will have crossplay and cross-progression this Fall.
The latest chapter that is available now, Elsveyr, lets you visit the Khajiit homeland and play as the new Necromancer class. A new cinematic trailer was showcased and left off with a cliffhanger. The next chapter, Dragonhold, was teased and will complete the new season of the dragon with more to tell at Quakecon. A dungeon DLC called Scalebreaker is said to release this August as well.
An action adventure game where you will fight paranormal enemies to rid the city of supernatural evil. Will release sometime this winter.
A free-to-play mobile game that will be released this summer, but you can pre-register now. This is a modern take on an old series that will feature new twin geniuses named Billy and Billie. Commander Keen will have a story mode that will tell classic and new tales and a real time battle mode.
A free mobile card game that is available now with an expansion coming June 27th called Moons of Elsweyr.
Rage 2 is getting a new expansion called Rise of The Ghosts, that will include new mechs, vehicles, enemies, gameplay modes, story, enemy faction, weapons, abilities, and areas, and will introduce cheat codes.
Will be releasing in July for VR
Will be releasing on July 26.
A newly announced first person action game centered around two rivals, Colt and Juliana, being stuck in a time loop. Of course, both of them believe that killing the other will be the only way to break/protect the cycle.
Will release on November 22nd and will have a multiplayer 2 demons vs 1 slayer called Battlemode.
What was announced:
- Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout (2020)
- Devolver Bootleg (Out now)
- Carrion (2020)
- Enter the Gungeon: House of the Gundead (2020 for Arcades)
- The Messenger: Picnic Panic free expansion (July 11)
- My Friend Pedro (June 20)
UploadVR just showcased a bunch of VR titles that will be coming out (or might already be out):
- After the Fall (2020)
- The Wizards Dark Times
- Hot Dogs, Horseshoes, and Hand Grenades Meat Fortress update (June 28)
- Budget Cuts for PSVR (Fall 2019)
- Curious Tale of the Stolen Pets (2019)
- Angry Birds 2: Under Pressure for PSVR (2019)
- Doctor Who: The Edge of Time (September 2019)
- Disciples of Dawn
- Low-Fi (Summer 2019)
- Acron: Attack of the Squirrels (Mobile vs VR party game)
- Walking Dead: Onslaught (Fall 2019)
- Hotel RNR (Early Access August 29)
- I Expect You to Die: Seat of Power (July 16)
- Mini Mech Mayhem (June 18)
- Undead Citadel
- Sairento VR for PSVR
- Drunken Bar Fight Special Edition (2019)
- Pixel Ripped 1989 physical edition and Pixel Ripped 1995
- Golem will get a physical release at launch
- Arizona Sunshine Oculus Quest (2019)
- Dance Central Update (Available Now)
- Echo Arena coming to Quest
- Lone Echo 2: Venture Beyond the Unknown
- Battlewake (Sign up for closed beta)
- The Soulkeeper VR
- Space Team VR (Alpha test soon)
- Audica Updates (Out in Early Access now)
- Asgard’s Wrath (Fall 2019)
- Rogan: The Thief in the Castle (Summer 2019)
- Guarden of the Sea (Out in Early Access now)
- Arizona Sunshine: The Damned DLC (August 27)
- A teaser for an Abe continuation that will include a VR game (that you can play with or without) and a short film
- Espire One
- Solaris Offworld Combat
- Budget Cuts 2
- Pistol Whip
- Evil Genius 2: World Domination (Win beta access)
- Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines 2 (Q1 2020)
- Starmancer (get beta access)
- Chivalry 2 (2020, EGS first)
- Mosaic (2019) with BlipBlop out now for mobile
- Midnight Ghost Hunt, a ghosts vs hunters hide and seek game where the ghosts can fight back (Sign up for alpha access)
- Unexplored 2: The Wayfarer’s Legacy
- Mutant Year Zero: Seed of Evil (July 30)
- Conan Unconquered (May 29)
- Moons of Madness (Halloween 2019)
- Conan Chop Chop (September 3)
- The Last Oasis (Early Access on July 15)
- Age of Wonders Planetfall (August 6)
- Zombie Army Dead War 4 (2020, EGS exclusive)
- Remnant: From the Ashes (August 20 but play four days early if you pre-order)
- Griftlands (Alpha on July 11, EGS first)
- Planet Zoo (November 5)
- Shenmue 3 (November 19, EGS exclusive)
- Songs of Conquest (sign up for closed alpha)
- Vermintide 2 Versus expansion (Beta signup)
- Per Aspera
- Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey (August 27)
- Auto Chess (EGS Exclusive)
- Cris Tales (2020, demo out till June 24)
- Borderlands 3 (September 13, EGS Exclusive)
- Maneater (EGS first)
- Terraria Journey’s End expansion
- Telling Lies (2019)
- Warframe Empyrean expansion will get a full reveal on July 6
- Genesis Noir
- El Hijo
- Baulder’s Gate 3
- Baulder’s Gate: Descent into Avernus will be a prequel to Baulder’s Gate 3
Limited Run games showed a bunch of games they’re doing physical releases for and gave a timeline on when they’ll be available to order. If any of them catches your eye, make sure to keep your other eye on their site.
- Guacamelee! (June 14)
- Mutant Blobs Attack!!! (June 14)
- Atari Flashbacks Classic (July)
- Super Mutant Alien Assault (July 5)
- Metal Slug 3 (July 12)
- Pix the Cat (June 21)
- Deadbolt (Q3 2019)
- Revenant Dogma (2019)
- Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken (2019)
- Rocketbirds 2: Evolution (2019)
- Super Meat Boy (2019)
- Damascus Gear Operation Osaka (2019)
- Damascus Gear Operation Tokyo (2019)
- Papers Please (2020)
Switch and PS4
- Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid (Available now)
- Transistor (July 9)
- Rogue Legacy (July 19)
- Freedom Planet (June 21)
- Night in the Woods (Q4 2019)
- Dark Devotion (Q4 2019)
- Blazing Chrome (Q4 2019)
- Red Faction (July 12)
- Mercenary Kings: Reloaded Edition (July 20)
- Hover (July 26)
- Star Wars Bounty Hunter (July 28)
- Corpse Killer (Q3 2019)
- Double Switch (July)
- Bad North (Q3 2019)
- Turok 1 and 2 (Q3 2019)
- Real Myst (Q3 2019)
- Blaster Master Zero (Q4 2019)
PC and PS4
- Shenmue 3 Collector’s Edition (Pre-order TBA, but will be sent out November 19)
- Atooi Collection (TBA) including Mutant Mudds Deluxe, Bomb Monkey, Xeodrifter, Mutant Mudds Super Challenge, and Chicken Wiggle
We have a few announcements that aren’t games. First, we opened with Assassin’s Creed Symphony, which acted as a teaser for their worldwide tour. Their tour starts June 29 and will include 80 Assassins Creed songs. Then we have a tv show, featuring Rob McElhenny, coming soon called Mythic Quest: Raven’s Banquet and will be available on Apple TV Plus. Lastly, we have a Netflix Division movie coming soon as well.
To the Games
- Watch Dogs Legion coming March 6, 2020 (gameplay details)
- Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege has a new season called Operation Phantom Sight
- Adventure Time and Brawlhalla crossover! Available today, you can now play Finn, Jake, or Princess Bubblegum and a new Buddy game mode and Tree Fort map.
- Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint (x) will release on October 4, but you can pre-order or register for beta access now (which will take place September 5)
- Tom Clancy’s Elite Squad will be a free-to-play mobile rpg game
- Just Dance 2020 got a dance number (sadly didn’t open the conference this year) and will release in November on Switch, PS4, Xbox One, Wii, and Stadia
- For Honor got a new event called Shadows of the Hitokiri that is available now till June 27. This will include a new game mode called Soul Rush, special customization, and otherworldly map ambiance
- Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Quarantine will be a 3 player tactical co-op where you fight against an unknown and devastating parasite. This will release in 2020.
- Tom Clancy’s Division 2 will be free to play between June 13-16. A roadmap timeline was shown off as well. Episode 1 is coming in July and will have new main missions and game experience that will have players venture into the woodlands, to a National Zoo, and lastly a college. Episode 2 is coming this Fall and will take players to the Pentagon and will include an eight player raid. Episode 3 will be the final year one episode and will be a manhunt, available early 2020.
- Roller Champions (x) will be a PvP roller derby game and you can play the E3 demo between June 10-14.
- Gods and Monsters is a new mythological game where you try to help the fallen Greek Gods gain their powers back. This will release next year on February 25.
Okay, 60 games. About 60 games were shown on Kinda Funny Showcase:
- Bloodroots (Demo Available)
- Hamsterdam (Mid June- Mid July)
- Speed Brawl got a major update (Available Now)
- Wave Break (Q1 2020)
- Super Space Club (2019)
- An/Round (Available Now)
- A Duel Hand Disaster: Trackher (Out Now)
- Looking for Heals (Out on Early Access)
- One Night Stand coming to PS4, Switch and Xbox One this summer
- The Inner Friend is coming to PS4 and Xbox One this summer
- Aground (2020)
- Refactor (2020)
- Pig Eat Ball Coming to Switch, PS4, and Xbox One (Summer 2019)
- Stand By (Switch exclusive, August 1)
- Demagnete (VR, 2019)
- Falcon Age will be on PSVR and PC VR
- Walking Dead Onslaught (PSVR/PCVR, Fall 2019)
- Battlewake (PSVR, Summer 2019)
- Afterparty (Q3 2019)
- Trigger Witch (Switch/PS4, 2020)
- Solace State (2020)
- Freedom Finger
- Ribbiting Saga (2020, Demo out now)
- Wooden Nickel
- Etherborn (July 18)
- Skatebird (2020, demo out now)
- The Gardens Between will be getting a physical Switch edition
- Renaine (2019)
- Starstruck (2020)
- Sneaky Ninja (Summer 2019)
- Undermine (Early Access release 2019)
- Monster Prom 2: Holiday Season (2020, Demo out now)
- Summer Catches (This Summer)
- Sinking City (June 27)
- Fling to the Finish (Check out the Kickstarter)
- Gunsport (Mid-2020)
- Bombfest (Out now with DLC coming soon)
- Lonely Mountains Downhill (2019)
- Starcrossed (2019)
- Police Stories (September 19)
- Brave Earth Prolouge
- Astalon: Tears of the Earth (2019)
- Treachery in Beatdown City (Summer 2019)
- Tamarin (Summer 2019)
- Stoneshard (Early Access in 2019)
- Stronghold Warlords (2020)
- Lucifer Within Us
- #Funtime (2019)
- Half Past Fate (2019)
- Undying (Early Access in 2020)
- Castle Storm 2 (2019)
- Trials of Fire (Early Access Available Now)
- Mare (Q3 2019)
- Deliver Us to the Moon (2019)
- Recompile (2020)
- Relic Hunters Legend (Q1 2020)
- Warborn (2020)
- Lost Ember
- Adams Ascending (2020)
If you’ve been looking forward to Final Fantasy 7 Remake, then this conference was for you. A whole boss fight was shown off and the combat system was talked about. This remake will have real time strategic combat and will let you switch between characters in the middle of combat (they’ll still continue to attack when you switch off of them) and be able to give commands. As you attack, two ATB bars will fill up and you can enter tactical mode, which will enable slow-mo and let you perform abilities and cast spells. However, using items will deplete the ATB bars. The enemies will also have a focus gage and once full, will be staggered. Final Fantasy 7 Remake will release March 3, 2020 and two different preorder options are currently available.
Now to the Announcement Trailers:
- Life is Strange 2 is already available, but they showed a trailer that included streamer reactions
- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition is coming to the PS4 and Switch this winter
- Octopath Traveler PC edition is available now
- Last Remnant Remastered is now available on the Switch
- Dragon Quest Builders 2 will be out July 12 for the PS4
- Dragon Quest 11 S: Echoes of an Elusive Age Definitive Edition is coming to the Switch this Fall
- Circuit Superstars will release next year
- Battalion 1994: Eastern Front is available now
- Kingdom Hearts 3 ReMind DLC (which showed off being able to play as Riku, Aqua, and Roxas in their respective end-game fight) is coming this Winter.
- Final Fantasy 14 Online Shadowbringers expansion will release July 2 and will bring in two new jobs (Gunbreaker and Dancer) and two new races (Hrothgar and Viera).
- Dying Light 2 showed off a new trailer and will release next Spring
- Saga Scarlet Grace: Ambitions and Romancing Saga 3 will be getting a western release
- War of the Visions: Final Fantasy Brave Exvius will be releasing worldwide for smartphones
- Outriders will release next Summer
- Oninaki will release on August 27
- Final Fantasy 8 Remastered will be coming sometime this year
- Marvel’s Avengers will be a new interpretation of the characters and the developers talked about the game featuring a cinematic character driven campaign, will have content releasing regularly (with new heroes and regions being free), include 4-player multiplayer, and won’t have lootboxes or be pay-to-win. PS4 players will have early beta access and unique benefits. This will be available May 15, 2020.
- 2 new Super Super Smash Ultimate characters were announced. Dragon Quest 11’s hero will join the rooster this Summer and Banjoo and Kazooie will join in this Fall
- Dragon Quest 11 S: Echoes of an Elusive Age Definitive Edition was shown off again and will release September 27
- Luigi Mansion 3 is coming out sometime this year
- Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Tactics coming sometime this year
- Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening will be available September 20
- Trials of Mana will be getting a global release next year
- Collection of Mana is out now
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Complete Edition is coming to the Switch this year
- Fire Emblem Three Houses is coming out July 26
- Resident Evil 5 & 6 will also be coming to the Switch this Fall
- No More Heroes 3 was teased and will release sometime in 2020
- Contra Rogue Corps will be available September 24
- Contra Anniversary Collection is available now
- Daemon X Machina will release September 13
- Panzer Dragoon is coming this Winter
- Pokémon Sword and Shield was briefly talked about since they revealed it at their Pokémon Direct and said that the Pokeball+ accessory will let you take Pokémon out of the game (which will trigger something good to happen)
- Astral Chain is releasing August 30
- Empire of Sin will be available in Spring 2020
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: Black Order will come out July 19
- Cadence of Hyrule will be out June 13
- Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games will be available in November
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons will be releasing March 20, 2020
- A sequel to Breath of the Wild was teased
- Spyro Reignited Triligy (September 3)
- Hollow Knight: Silksong
- Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (September 20)
- Minecraft Dungeons (Spring 2020)
- Elder Scroll Blades (Fall 2019)
- My Friend Pedro (June 20)
- Doom Eternal
- The Sinking City (Fall 2019)
- Wolfenstein Youngblood (July 26)
- Dead by Daylight (September 24)
- Alien Isolation (2019)
- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles 5 Remastered Edition (Winter 2019)
- Dragon Quest Builders 2 (July 12)
- Stranger Things 3: The Game (July 4)
- Just Dance 2020 (November 5)
- Catan (June 20)
- New Super Lucky’s Tale (Fall 2019)
- Dauntless (2019)
- Super Mario Maker 2 (June 28)
And that’s it for E3 2019. Hopefully some of the games shown caught your eye, you didn’t miss Sony too much, and you didn’t roll your eyes too hard during some of the conferences (if you watched ended up them). Now onto the year long commercial till next year’s E3.