Okay, I’m pretty tempted now.
After hearing about the possibilities of what a Playstation 5 will look like, seeing how the controller looks like, seeing the mockups of PS5 game cases, and having the Xbox Series X being revealed first, we finally get to see what the PS5 is going to look like. However, this livestream event also announced some games that are set to release to make you choice a little bit easier. Here are the games that were announced:
- An enhanced edition of Grand Theft Auto 5 will be arriving on the PS5. If you do decide to pick it up again for the PS5, you’ll get GTA Online for free at launch. Until then, current PS4 owners will receive $1M GTA Cash every month.
- Spider-man: Miles Morales will release during the holidays this year.
- Gran Turismo 7 is back and confirmed to be in the works and will include a campaign mode.
- A new Racket & Clank game called Racket & Clank: Rift Apart is in development. From the looks of things, the duo is going to need some serious help fixing whatever is causing multiple dimensions to open up, a new female character is going to be introduced, and the main mechanic will be using small rift cracks to your advantage. While the release date is not ready to be announced, we did get some gameplay footage.
- Square Enix has announced a PS5 exclusive (but will eventually make it’s way to PC) under the working title Project Athia. Not much has been revealed just yet, but you’ll be traversing a dangerous world as a woman with the power to control plant life.
- Annapurna is planning to release another hit next year called Stray where you play a stray cat in a cyberpunk environment that features only robots and no humans.
- Returnal, a Housemarque titles releasing exclusively for the PS5, will follow a woman that is reliving her crash landing on an alien planet that is slowly infecting her. Help her break the cycle.
- Everyone’s favorite Sackboy is returning in Sackboy: A Big Adventure! This one looks particulary cute and it’s great seeing LittleBigPlanet branch out into a 3D platformer.
- An action sports game called Destruction Allstars has been announced. It looks it’ll feature a demolition derby gameplay style that will switch to you running on foot desperately dodging cars in a, presumably, last ditch effort before you’re dead.
- Kena: Bridge of Spirits is an upcoming action adventure indie title that certainly looks promising from the little bit we’ve seen.
- Every wanted a game where you play as a dinosaur going through the final year of highschool? Well, Goodbye Volcano High will have your back next year.
- Oddworld: Soulstorm will be coming to the PS5 to follow up on Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty.
- Ghostwire: Tokyo just got it’s first gameplay footage showing how action packed it will be and will be arriving on the PS5 as a timed exclusive next year.
- Jett: The Far Shore has been revealed and will be releasing this year during the holidays. Nothing much was shown in this reveal other than taking place in space.
- Godfall is unsurprisingly releasing on the PS5 and has shown off what the combat will look like once it releases during the holidays.
- The Hyper Light Drifter devs is returning with Solar Ash and will have you travel through colorful and surreal enviornments next year on the PS5.
- Hitman 3 showed off several settings and is set to release January 2021.
- Astro’s Playroom is coming to the PS5 for free and will be pre-loaded on each PS5.
- Little Devil Inside is another interesting looking action-adventure RPG game with survival elements set in a semi-open world. This will be coming in as a PS5 timed exclusive.
- NBA 2K21 got teased and will be releasing this fall.
- Bugsnax, from the creators of Octodad, brings us to a world where bugs resemble food. And each bug you eat will change one of your character’s bodyparts to match. You won’t have to wait long for this one as it will release this year during the holiday.
- Demon’s Souls is finally going to get remade for the PS5 just as the rumors said.
- Remember Deathloop? I bet you do. We now have a new trailer showcasing how it’s going to play as well as more on the story. This trailer focused on Colt who is trying to kill 8 targets before midnight to escape the time loop. However, his main obstacle through all this is going to be Juliana. At the very end, we saw a very short segment of Juliana’s gameplay which will, of course, involve killing Colt when he least expects it. This will be releasing exclusively on the PS5 alongside PC.
- Resident Evil 8: Village has been announced for next year and looks like the rumored werewolf enemies was true after all. This will be in first person, just like 7, and will be featuring Ethan, Mia, and Chris (who got another redesign).
- Pragmata is going to be a post apocalyptic game where an astronaut is taking a little girl to the moon. This is set to release on the PS5 in 2022.
- Horizon Forbidden West, the sequel to Horizon Zero Dawn, has properly been announced for the PS5. This one will focus on you saving the wildlife from a deadly plague.
And finally, we got a look at the PS5 (and yes it will be able to be set on it’s side). Looks like two editions will be released with one being digital games only. The launch accessories include the usual DualSense controller, a charging station, a HD camera, a Pulse 3D Wireless Headset, and a media remote. No prices has been announced.
You can watch the event yourself here:
Join the discussion