Some mini recaps for anyone interested in getting their hands on physical releases, wondering what Devolver Digital is working on, and what Nintendo’s July Treehouse showcased.
Limited Run Showcase
Limited Run Games ran a showcase to announce confirmed games that they’ll be offering physical releases for. Here are the games that are getting limited physical releases by Limited Run Games and when you’ll be able to pre-order them:
- Jay and the Silent Bob: Mall Brawl for Switch available until July 26
- Outer Wilds for PS4 available until July 19
- Samurai Shodown Neogeo Collection for Switch and PS4 available until July 26
- Star Wars Episode 1: Racer for Switch and PS4 is available until August 9
- Kunai for the Switch available until August 9
- YS Origin for Switch available until September 6
- The Friends of Ringo Ishikawa for Switch on July 21
- Mega Dimension Neptunia VII for Switch on July 28
- The Mummy: Demastered for Switch on July 31
- Garou: Mark of the Wolves for PS4
- Return of the Obra Dinn for Switch in July
- Papers Please for PSVita in July
- Shantae for the Gameboy Color and Switch
- Shantae Risky’s Revenge for the Switch
- A Boy and His Blob for the PS4
- XTreme Sports for Switch
- Monkey Island: 30th Anniversary Collection for PC
- Castlevania: Anniversary Collection for Switch and PS4 in Q3 2020
- Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2 for Switch
- Observer for Switch
- My Friend Pedro for PS4
- Gris for Switch
- Carrion for Switch
- Where the Water Tastes Like Wine for Switch
- To The Moon for Switch in Q4 2020
- Towerfall Ascension for Switch in Q3
- Super Meat Boy+ Super Meat Boy Forever for Switch and PS4
- Samurai Jack: Battle Through Time for Switch and PS4
- Trover Saves the Universe for Switch in Q4
- PixelJunk Eden 2 for Switch
- Bug Fables for Switch and PS4
- Demon Turf for Switch and PS4
Devolver Digital is back for their third year in producing a crazy video for their E3 slot, although this time its a Direct instead. I recommend watching their video as always, but if you just want to know the games they showcased, here you go:
- Shadow Warrior 3, an offbeat shooter that blends fast-paced gunplay, sharp melee combat, and free running movement together, is coming out next year.
- Fall Guys, a 60 player free-for-all struggle party game, will be coming to PS4 and Steam on August 4
- Carrion, a reverse horror game where you take control of an amorphous creature of unknown origins, is arriving on Switch, XBox One, and PC July 23.
- Olija, a game where you play as a man shipwrecked in a mysterious country with only a harpoon for defense, was announced and you can play the demo on Switch or Steam to tide you over until release.
- Serious Sam 4 is coming to Steam and Stadia sometime in August.
- Devolverland Expo is available now for you to explore an adabndoned convention center after the Devolver Digital game expo was mysteriously canceled.
Nintendo July Treehouse
Nintendo Treehouse also went live this month to showcase Paper Mario: The Origami King before everyone can get their hands on it as well as showing off the game Wayforward is working on. I don’t think anyone expected that Wayforward is working on a Bakugan game called Bakugan: Champions of Vestroia that will be released on November 3.