EVERQUEST II’S 10-YEAR CELEBRATION CONTINUES WITH ALTAR OF MALICE, AVAILABLE NOW
Sony Online Entertainment LLC today released the 11th expansion for EverQuest II (EQII), Altar of Malice. Announced at SOE Live earlier this year, the expansion coincides with the 10th anniversary of the renowned massively multiplayer online role-playing game. Altar of Malice brings players a bevy of new content to explore, including new Overlands, 14 Heroics, six Advanced Solos, two Contested, six Raids, four new Avatars, and an increase in Level Cap to 100.
STORYLINE: Norrath enters a new age, one darkened by the cold war between Freeport and Qeynos. The end of the last age cost them both dearly and neither can risk making the first move…yet. Outside powers can help them rebuild, like the Far Seas Trading Company, but lately its ports have run mysteriously silent. Emissaries sent from the cities have gone missing and any scout sent to investigate does not return.
Only the bravest adventurers will take on the quest to journey across the mysterious Shattered Seas to face monstrous deinodons, pint-sized yet perilous pygmies, bone-armored lizard men, salty pirates, and other new creatures lurking amongst the shadows. And while there are dangers on the waters, beware the thickening evil plot growing deep in the Kithicor Woods. Its maliciousness could make even the undead’s skin crawl…
· Altar of Malice by the numbers:
o 15 Heroic zones
o 6 Raid zones
o 6 Advanced Solo zones
o 2 Contested zones
o 2 Overlands
o 4 new Avatars of the Gods raids
o More than 100 new quests
· Alongside each new, beautifully landscaped Overland comes new dungeons featuring a range of instances for solo, advanced, heroic and raids including:
o Brokenskull Bay, Zavith’loa, Ossuary of Malevolence, Castle Highhold and Ssrashza Temple
· Increase to Level 100 for adventurers, tradeskillers and guilds.
· A myriad of new loot and abilities including: prestige items, PvP gear, and Tradeskill recipes.
· Previous expansion, Tears of Veeshan, Zones, content and features will also be included in the Altar of Malice expansion.
HOLLY’S TAKE: “With Altar of Malice , we created a new terrain tool to help bring verticality to EverQuest II that was not previously there. The new areas look great, with beautiful structures and environments, and provide a whole new level of immersion for players to experience. It was important for us to build an expansion that not only delivered new locales, but one that would do the game justice in its 10th anniversary year through a breadth of new content to delve into and enjoy.” – Holy Longdale, Senior Producer, EverQuest II.
EQII 10th ANNIVERSARY FACTS:
· Christopher Lee and Heather Graham lent their voices to the inaugural launch trailer.
· EQII introduced the first robust Housing and Crafting system ever to grace an MMO.
· Emmy-award winning composer Laura Karpman composed the game’s original score.
· More than 1,000 voice actors, including Wil Wheaton and Minnie Driver, have brought life to the many characters of EverQuest II.
· Back in 2005, a simple, first ever in-game command (“/pizza”) allowed the denizens of EQII to order pizza directly from the game.
EverQuest II’s Altar of Malice is now available for $39.99 USD for all other players. The Collector’s Edition, which includes several in-game bonus items, is available for $89.99 USD.
THE ‘411’ ON THE STANDARD & COLLECTOR’S EDITIONS
|Standard Edition||Collector’s Edition|
|Painting: Lanys T’Vyl||x||x|
|Mage Tower Mirage (Teleporter Item)||x|
|Prehistoric House Pet||x|
|3 Gems of Armor Advancement (Armor Upgrade)||x|
|80 Days of Spell Research (2 Potions)||x|
|Elite Battle-Mystic Mercenary||x|
|Striped Savage Pterodon Mount||x|