City of Heroes goes F2P
The trend of MMO games to transform to F2P model is continuing. City of Heroes a super hero MMO game (like Champions Online) will use F2P model. This decision is probably due low population of game or maybe something else, but as long its free its good, we say 😀
With this F2P model, a update is coming and we are bringing some features of it:
- New Zone: First Ward, the training and testing grounds for some of Praetoria’s most elite forces
and sinister weapons, is where players will encounter all new threats, including the massive
zone-wide event, the Seed of Hamidon.
- New Epic Challenges: The Underground Incarnate Trial takes place deep below the streets
of Praetoria, in the secret lair of the Devouring Earth. Those strong enough to break through
their stronghold may reach the devastating Avatar of Hamidon for a final showdown of epic
proportions. Up to 28 players can team up to fight new menaces and unlock great rewards.
- New Power Sets and Costumes: Time Manipulation (free for VIP Players), Beam Rifle, and
Street Justice represent just the beginning of new powers coming to players with City of
Heroes Freedom, while the Barbarian and the Circle of Thorns Costume Sets, as well as the
IDF and Defense Costume Sets(free for VIP Players) add even more options to the millions of
customization options at a players’ fingertips.
- New Starting Experience: Puts new players right in the middle of the action, giving them access
to all archetypes with no alignment restriction. During the new starting experience, players
will have the opportunity determine whether they ally with the forces of good, or harness the
powers of evil.
- New Missions: The debut of monthly Signature Story Arcs (free for VIP Players), enables players
to play a key role in the main storyline as they fight alongside iconic heroes and villains and
discover which of Paragon City’s premier heroes will die!
- New Rewards: The Paragon Rewards program is our way to thank players for investing City of
Heroes and provides new and unique in-game rewards designed around each player’s unique
tastes and play style.